Lately, hotel companies have been going through some IT turbulence. On the one hand, some have integrated their system. On the other hand, some are switching platform.
But whatever happens, you want to make sure your up to date with your current points balance. Here are the step-by-step actions you can take in order to claim your missing Hilton Honors points.
You have to be aware that a number of rates are not eligible to points accrual. Here are the stays that are excluded:
- Third party website bookings & OTAs (ie Expedia, hotels.ca), except for American Express Travel web site (including your corporate Amex Travel site)
- Crew rates (ie airlines);
- Travel agency rates;
- Some packages;
- Some vendor rates;
- Hilton Club & Hilton Grand Vacations Club time share bookings and packages booked with a time share sales presentation.
There are other situations where you will not be able to accrue or claim Hilton Honors points and bonus points. Here are the most important ones:
- A “no show” will not earn you base points. Furthermore, even if you paid in advance for the stay, base & bonus points will not be credited. So no use trying to claim them;
- You can only earn points on 2 rooms per stay when they are paid for under one folio. Also tier status points will only apply for one room. The same goes for any other bonus points;
- A reward stay will not earn you base points. However, it will earn you bonus and status-related points. That’s the beauty of the Hilton Honors program. You get to earn bonus points even on a redemption. You can refer to my DoubleTree Hotel Doha review: you can see how many bonus points I earned on a reward night;
Step by step online process
First of all it’s important to note that you cannot claim points on the Hilton Honors app. Secondly, you cannot recover points for stays more than six months ago.
Step 1 – Hilton main page
Head up straight to www.hilton.com and click on the Sign In link. The link’s located on the top right-hand side of the main page.
Step 2 – Hilton log in page
Type in your username or your Hilton Honors then your password.
Step 3 – My Account
Once in your account click on the My Account link. A dashboard will roll down. Click on the GO TO MY ACCOUNT PAGE link.
Step 4 – Account Overview
A new page will appear. That’s your Account Overview page. On the left hand side, you’ll see a column with different sections. Under the MY STAYS section, you’ll see a Missing Stay link: click on it.
Step 5 – Missing stay form
You’ve landed in the Missing stay request form. You can fill it up with the pertinent information. Make sure you put as many information as you can particularly a confirmation or booking number.
That’s the fastest way to claim your missing base points and associated bonus points (providing you’ve registered to the bonus promotion beforehand). If you need to speak to an agent, you can call Hilton Honors at 1-800-446-6677.
Claiming car rental bonus points
You’ll have to call in for that one. Hilton has a lot of difficulty posting preferred car rental partners points. Therefore, a call will make things advance a lot faster. Make sure you have your rental booking number.
Honors agents are usually pretty efficient on the phone. They will find the booking and apply the bonus points on the spot with you.
I hope this post will help yo claim your missing base and bonus points. To make sure you don’t have to do this, always do these 2 things:
- Book via the Hilton Honors app or login into www.hilton.com then book;
- Always register to the Hilton Honors bonus promotions. These offers roll-out every 3 months. You will have enough points to reward yourself with a luxurious Waldorf Versailles stay or any other you plan for.
For any questions or comments, please reach out via Amin On Miles Club on Facebook.